Monday, September 26, 2011

"So many people gonna say that they want you..."

"...they try to get you thinkin' they really care. But there is nothin' like the warmth of the one who has put in the time and you know he's gonna be there. " -Gavin DeGraw

It's time for me to split the people in my life into two columns (Office season 8 reference). On one side, the people who genuinely care about me, and on the other, the people who don't. There was once a time, a long time ago, when I didn't care if people were genuine towards me, I only cared if they acknowledged my existence and acted like I was an ok gal to be around. Well guess what? That time is over. So here's to spending more time with the people that matter, and less time with the people who bring me down.

2 comments:

  1. I have done the same, only I decided it much later than you have. I thought it was an age thing. I realized that I have a finite amount of time on this spinning ball, so I got more particular about the people with whom I spent my time. Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete